Sunday, July 31, 2011

We are gonna be friends

The lyrics from the White Stripes song We are Gonna be Friends may not yet apply to Lily James and Olive June in the sense that they are not yet in school. Nonetheless, whenever I hear the song, visions of Lily and Olive walking to school, hand in hand, stopping to follow the ants and bugs makes my heart laugh. But in all seriousness, in this scenario that plays in my head, it should be mentioned that I am 15 feet behind them carrying a tactical baton, you know, should anyone get any funny ideas. Who's paranoid? Certainly not me.

Lil' and Olive mesmerized by Elmo

 Just like sissies (sisters, not wimps)! Bath time fun!

I had no idea the amazing jackpot we hit when the Weaver's landed right next to us. I was less than thrilled with the former residents who might list chain smoking and late night parties as their hobbies. But the way everything unfolded in the Weaver + Olsen love story was just perfect. A match for all six family members.


Fast forward to present tense, tonight we celebrated numerous occasions with Mema and Papa McIntyre, the Weavers and their wonderful friends, who are basically an extension of their family, Georgie and "Kevis" (as Olive has christened him).


And the celebration? Friends in town, but most notably, SIX years of wedded bliss that Ben and Caitlin have earned! Congratulations Ben and Caitlin! You're amazing together and you have created the most lovely family! One which we are so thankful to be a part of! Despite my roots and love for the city, I no longer think I could willingly leave our house, next to the Weavers. We should all have friends this special.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh Wing......this made me cry. You are the sister I have always wanted. We feel so blessed to be a part of YOUR family and the happiest moments we have had in the past two years have included you guys. I look forward to many many many more adventures and joyful memories together.