I'm flippin' burgers, you at kinkos
straight flippin' copies
Well, I am assuming that at some point while in Hawaii we will partake in some motor boa... err boat riding and burger flipping, if you will. To celebrate, well, many occasions, we're flying the coop just in time for some much needed vitamin D before the real chill of Fall (which segueing into Winter a bit too rapidly) arrives!
Accompanying Chris, Lily and myself on this highly anticipated trip will be my amazing mother playing nanny of course. As well as my grandparents! My grandfather (the history fanatic) will play tour guide to Chris and me at the site of the USS Arizona at Pearl Harbor. My grandpa has a tendency towards lengthy tangents so the tour may occupy half of our ten day vacation but I suppose this may be considered a champagne problem as ten days anywhere with sun and endless sand beaches is win win.
One day in particular that I am looking forward to is our scheduled photo shoot with a great photographer we found online! Lily has proven herself a pretty photogenic girl. I feel like all children are, really. They're so innocent and pure and free of agenda. They are unadulterated, running, jumping and wriggling balls of joy. I am excited to have someone with a talented and creative eye (and very nice camera) to capture the scenes that I am sure will play out on the beach (i.e Lily fighting us to run into the water, a la Ruthie Moore)!
Here she is on a previous boat trip, attempting to free herself from Chris and swim. We're in trouble.
Umm, sharks are able to leap out of water, yes?
This doesn't appear to be covered. Yikes.
Maybe not so much. Lily needs her parents.
Xoxo
P.S. We are flying with a toddler so think good thoughts and send them our way. I hope the flight attendants are of the patient, child friendly variety.


1 comment:
Yessssss...we made the blog. I'll be thinking of you this week! Have so much fun on the beach. I'm sure Lil will do great on the plane, you have so many arms with you to hold her! Have a fun coconuty drink for me! Straight of the coconut? Just living vicariously...
Post a Comment