Saturday, May 26, 2012

Birthday Planning for TWO, 101

How to plan a birthday extravaganza for a two year old:


  1. Dream big! Develop a birthday party theme that is (debatably undeniably) over the top and make sure to bite off more than you can chew, planning and orchestrating-wise.
  1. Make like a juggler and simultaneously run ten different errands, manage your two year olds tantrums, plan a party and keep your cool.
  1. Rely on the godsend that is your family and friends who are being coerced into helping you prepare for the big bash. Thank goodness for them. Just for that, you guys will get a few swings at the (not to toot my own horn, but it truly is) fabulous piñata I have spent more hours than I care to admit, making. I never want to see another glue stick, as long as I live. Unfortunately, with Lily having yet to enter the realm of elementary school, this wish may go unfulfilled.
  1. Drag your nearly two year old to the site of the party, almost daily to prepare for her party. "I promise Lily, all this shuffling will be totally worth it in a few days when I you have the most beautiful party a two year old could dream of". Let's hope so. Let's just hope Mommy doesn't end up tearing down the streamers, flags and pom poms like a mad woman before we get to the actual soirée!
  1. Bake four dozen cupcakes, cookies and one giant fondant covered cake. No big deal. 
  1. And when the big day arrives, greet guests, treat them to a pink lemonade and pour one for yourself. You deserve it. Now, about that piñata...




No comments: